07.26.2016 – New Testament: Acts 26.17–18
To read the Bible in a year, read Acts 26 on July 26, In the year of our Lord 2016
By Don Ruhl
As Paul traveled to Damascus to persecute disciples of Christ, Christ Jesus appeared to him. Jesus identified himself to Paul and explained why He had appeared to Paul, that he would serve as a preacher, and Jesus said,
“I will deliver you from the Jewish people, as well as from the Gentiles, to whom I now send you, to open their eyes, in order to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan to God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins and an inheritance among those who are sanctified by faith in Me” (Acts 26.17–18).
Paul would preach to all men, but here Jesus specified Paul preaching to the Gentiles that he might do the following things through his preaching and teaching:
- To open their eyes, the eyes of their spirits
- To turn them from darkness to light
- To turn them from the power of Satan to the power of God
- That they might receive the forgiveness of their sins
- That they might receive an inheritance among all those who seek sanctification through faith in Jesus Christ
Does the preaching and teaching you hear seek to do things? If you preach or teach, do you seek to do those things?
- What do you want to hear from a preacher or a teacher?