02.18.2018 – Old Testament: Lev 26.27–35
To read the Bible in a year, read Leviticus 26–27 on February 18, In the year of our Lord 2018
By Don Ruhl
The Lord told Israel how He would bless them if they obeyed Him, but He also laid out clearly how He would punish them if they did not obey Him. In Leviticus 26.18 He revealed a sevenfold punishment. If that did not correct them, verse 21 says that He would launch the second sevenfold punishment. If that did not do the job, verse 24 revealed the third sevenfold punishment, and if that also did not bring them around, here is the fourth sevenfold punishment,
“And after all this, if you do not obey Me, but walk contrary to Me, then I also will walk contrary to you in fury; and I, even I, will chastise you seven times for your sins.
- “You shall eat the flesh of your sons, and you shall eat the flesh of your daughters.
- “I will destroy your high places, cut down your incense altars, and cast your carcasses on the lifeless forms of your idols; and My soul shall abhor you.
- “I will lay your cities waste and bring your sanctuaries to desolation, and
- “I will not smell the fragrance of your sweet aromas.
- “I will bring the land to desolation, and your enemies who dwell in it shall be astonished at it.
- “I will scatter you among the nations and draw out a sword after you;
- “your land shall be desolate and your cities waste.
“Then the land shall enjoy its sabbaths as long as it lies desolate and you are in your enemies’ land; then the land shall rest and enjoy its sabbaths. As long as it lies desolate it shall rest—for the time it did not rest on your sabbaths when you dwelt in it” (Leviticus 26.27–35).
Unfortunately, they did not heed these warnings found in the Book of Leviticus, nor did they heed the disasters when the Lord cast those punishments upon them.
- Do you learn from Scripture to avoid sin?
- Do you learn from Israel’s sins?
To subscribe go to EmailDevotionals.com and click “Follow”
Go to WestBowPress.com to order Don’s book or click on the image below: