Old Testament: Psa 98.1–3
To read the Bible in a year, read Psalms 96–98 on August 13, In the year of our Lord Christ 2019
By Don Ruhl
Has the Lord done anything in this world? Has He done anything for you? Do His works amaze you? If you answer yes to any or all of those questions, you just gave yourself some reasons to learn new songs:
Oh, sing to the LORD a new song!
For He has done marvelous things;
His right hand and His holy arm have gained Him the victory.
The LORD has made known His salvation;
His righteousness He has revealed in the sight of the nations.
He has remembered His mercy and His faithfulness to the house of Israel;
All the ends of the earth have seen the salvation of our God.
– Psalm 98.1–3
Look at the reasons that the psalmist gave for singing a new song to the Lord:
- He has done marvelous things
- His right hand and His holy arm have gained Him the victory
- He has made known His salvation (Praise the Lord for that!)
- He has revealed His righteousness to the nations
- He has remembered mercy and faithfulness to His people
- Therefore, all the ends of the earth, not just Israel, has seen the salvation of God
Undoubtedly, you can find more reasons or more ways that God has done marvelous things. The more you can think of, the more reasons you give yourself for singing a new song to the Lord of heaven and earth!
- Do you fight learning new songs?
- Do you sing with the congregation?
To subscribe go to EmailDevotionals.com and click “Follow”