New Testament: Eph 2.4–7
To read the Bible in a year, read Ephesians 2 on September 30, In the year of our Lord Christ 2020
By Don Ruhl
We died spiritually through our trespasses and sins, living in violation of the Laws of God, making ourselves children of wrath (Ephesians 2.1–3). Then something wonderful happened:
But God, who is rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us, even when we were dead in trespasses, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved), and raised us up together, and made us sit together in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus, that in the ages to come He might show the exceeding riches of His grace in His kindness toward us in Christ Jesus.
– Ephesians 2.4–7
Look what God’s mercy, motivated by His love, did for us:
- Made us alive together with Christ, saving us from spiritual death by grace
- Raised us up together with Christ
- Made us sit together in the heavenly places in Christ
- Showed us His rich grace in kindness
- Have you experienced those things?
- Have you been baptized?
To subscribe go to EmailDevotionals.com and click “Follow”