New Testament: Luke 1.48–49
To read the Bible in a year, read Luke 1.24–56 on March 19, In the year of our Lord Christ 2023
By Don Ruhl
Elizabeth revealed to Mary that she knew what Mary was about to bring into the world. When Mary heard wonderful things from Elizabeth, Mary wanted to praise God, and she said why she wanted to praise him:
“For He has regarded the lowly state of His maidservant;
For behold, henceforth all generations will call me blessed.
For He who is mighty has done great things for me,
And holy is His name.”
– Luke 1.48–49
- That the Lord regarded her lowly state
- That all generations would call her blessed
- That the Mighty One had done great things for her
- That his name is holy
Why not say your own prayer to God for the same things concerning you. Perhaps future generations will not even know who you are or were, but there are people in your life now who know you, and if you magnify the Lord in your life, those people will call you blessed.
- What do you think of Mary?
- What great things has the Lord done for you, and be sure to list spiritual things, as well as material things.
To subscribe go to EmailDevotionals.com and click “Follow”
Don preaches with the Savage Street Church of Christ in Grants Pass, Oregon.
Listen to his sermons here: GrantsPassChurchOfChrist.com